There are a few ways Leadpages and Facebook are commonly used together. For example, you may be looking to implement a Facebook Pixel tracking code on your pages or to verify your Leadpages Domain in order to run a Facebook ad. This article will lay out how to get aspects of your Leadpages account and Facebook Business account working together.
Verify your domain
With the release of Apple's iOS 14 and subsequent security standards that have been put in place, you may need to verify your domain with Facebook in order to run an ad.
More from Facebook on how iOS 14 may affect your ads can be found here.
The step-by-step process below is only for domains connected to Leadpages. Facebook does not verify domains with a
www subdomain. Therefore, if you have not connected your domain to Leadpages or you have non-Leadpages content published to your root domain (without a subdomain, i.e.
yourdomain.com), you will want to verify your root domain using the instructions of the tool you used to create that content.
The following step-by-step process uses the Leadpages Domain (lpages.co) as an example for the domain being verified.
- Publish a landing page as a homepage or publish a site to your Leadpages Domain (lpages.co). Learn how ↗
- Navigate to your Facebook Business account domain settings here.
- Click "Add" and enter your Leadpages Domain address (lpages.co), then click "Add Domain."
- Select the "Meta-Tag Verification" tab, copy the meta tag (starting with <meta name=).
- In Leadpages, paste the meta tag code in the "Head Section Tacking Code" within the analytics Settings of the page or site that is published as the homepage of your domain (from Step 1) and Save.
- Update your page.
- Back in your Facebook Business account domain settings, click "Verify." You will receive a message that your domain has been verified by Facebook.
You can place a Facebook Pixel on any page or pop-up within Leadpages. To do so, you will first navigate to your Facebook Business account to create and copy the Facebook Pixel code. Once you have the code, use our guide here on implementing third-party tracking code to publish the Pixel to your page or pop-up.
Creating Facebook ads
Need more help?
You can always get in touch with our support team—just click Support in your Leadpages navigation menu, or submit a ticket ↗