At the heart of all our tools—from pages to sites to pop-ups—is the ability to send leads to an email service provider or list-building software. To do so, you’ll need to connect your accounts. This guide will walk you through the process of integrating your accounts, regardless of how you use Leadpages.
The fine print
- Once your integration service has been connected to your Leadpages account, the service is not automatically connected to your forms. Therefore, make sure to follow the "Choose where to send your leads" section of this article after connecting.
- You can connect multiple accounts from one integration service to your Leadpages account for your sites, pages and pop-ups. However, only one can be used per form.
- If your integration service is not one of our native integrations, you can also use our Zapier integration to connect to thousands of different apps.
- If you're working with an opt-in text or trigger link, note that you will need to connect your integration service within our Standard (Legacy) Integrations.
Connect your integration service
In order to send leads to your integration service, you will first connect your integration service account to your Leadpages account.
Once you connect a service, that account will be available to select in any of your forms to then select a destination for your leads within that service.
- Click Integrations in your account navigation menu.
- Select your integration service from the listing.
- Click Connect New Account.
- Name the integration account, then click Connect and follow any on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- After the service has been connected, its status will show as "Connected."
- After an integration service has been connected to your Leadpages account, the next step is to select it from your form's integration settings under the ① INTEGRATIONS tab. For more info, the next section details how to choose where you will send your leads.
Connect your form to your integration
Drag & Drop Builder (sites, pages, pop-ups)
Once you have connected your integration service to your Leadpages account as indicated above, here’s how to configure where leads will end up in your connected integration (such as choosing a specific list, form, or campaign) in our Drag & Drop Builder:
- Hover over your form and click Edit Integrations to open its settings. Keep in mind, your form might be within a pop-up on the page.
- On the ① INTEGRATIONS tab, click +Add an Integration under “Choose where you want form data to go.”
- Select your integration from the menu, then choose the specific list/tag/campaign where you’d like leads sent.
- For more on form fields (i.e. custom fields) and follow-up actions after someone opts in, check out our form widget article.
- Be sure to click Update at the top-right corner of the builder when finished.
If you don’t see your integration service, you should be able to add it under +More Services. For full details, take a look at the "Connect your integration service" section at the top of this article.
Drag & Drop vs. Standard integrations
Our Drag & Drop Builder is our newest builder with the most customization and our latest features. It is used for building landing pages, sites, and standalone pop-ups.
Our legacy builder, the Standard Builder, uses an earlier version of our integration system. Although it allows for color, text and font choices, it's less customizable and static in its inability to add or move content around within a template.
The Standard system also powers standalone Standard pop-ups (standalone Drag & Drop pop-ups are available), trigger links, and opt-in texts. Any integration services you hook up via a Standard page or pop-up will work with the Standard tools listed above, but aren’t connected with our Drag & Drop Builder.
Because each builder uses a different integration system, there are separate steps to take to connect your integration services.
Connect with Standard (Legacy) Builder services
Standard integrations are set up within that builder and power standard landing pages, standard pop-ups, trigger links, and opt-in texts. Here’s how to integrate legacy integrations:
- Make sure you are logged in to your Leadpages account.
- Click here for the Standard Integrations page.
- Select the integration you would like to connect.
- After connecting your integration with your login credentials for the service or API keys as needed, navigate back to the builder for whichever asset you would like to connect the integration to.
- Then select the service and form or list where you'd like to send your leads.
Connect your form to your integration
Standard landing pages
Here’s where to configure where leads will end up in your connected integration (such as choosing a specific list, form, or campaign) in our Standard Builder:
- Create a new Standard page, or edit an existing one.
- Locate your call-to-action (CTA) button and click it to bring up your opt-in form. You may have several CTAs on your page, but any button that brings up a form will work.
- Click Integration settings in the left sidebar.
- Choose your service from the “Integrate form with” menu.
- Under “Using”, select the list (or form, webinar, etc.) where you’d like to send new leads.
- Click Okay or Customize this form to save your settings, and confirm your changes in the popup alert.
- Click Okay again to save your opt-in form. Then, click Save in the top-right corner of the editor.
Configuring where your leads go to in standalone (Standard) pop-ups is nearly the same as doing it in Standard landing pages.
- Edit your pop-up.
- Follow steps 3–6 from above.
- Click Save in the top-right corner of the pop-up editor.
Here’s how you can configure where your leads go to for your opt-in texts (available with Pro and Advanced plans).
- Click Create New Opt-in Text or click the pencil icon next to an existing opt-in texts to edit it.
- Fill out or edit the first three parts of the opt-in texts as needed (get full instructions here). Then, click Continue».
- Select the “Add customer's email to my mailing list” option.
- Choose your service and list from the drop-down menus that appear.
- Confirm that everything is set up how you’d like in the Your Leaddigit® in Action box. Then click Save & Close.
Each trigger link (available with Pro and Advanced plans) you create will have two services to set up:
- where leads come from (the source)
- where leads get sent (the destination)
Here’s how to configure each portion:
- Create a new trigger link, or edit an existing one.
- Click Integration settings in the left-hand sidebar.
- Select your destination service from the “Integrate link with” drop-down, then choose your lead destination from the “Using” menu.
- Configure any other integration settings you’d like (such as Lead Notifications), then click Okay.
- Under Step #1 in the pseudo message to the right, choose the service you’d like to send leads from. If you don’t see the your service there, select the “Custom” option.
- Save your trigger link in the top right corner.
Frequently asked questions
What if my integration isn’t available?
If we don't officially integrate with the service you're looking for, we do have a couple solutions for you to try.
First is our integration with Zapier. Zapier allows for you to pass form information from Leadpages to thousands of other services. Do a quick search here for your integration here in Zapier. If your integration is listed there, the benefit to our Zapier integration is that you can continue to design and style your form within Leadpages, as well as use our thank you page and lead magnet settings. Here's more on our Zapier integration.
If Zapier's not for you, we do have one other way to get your leads to the right place. Please keep in mind that we can't guarantee that it will work, though it's definitely worth trying.
This option is to use our HTML Widget with the HTML form code provided by your email service provider.
You can drag the HTML Widget to the location on your page or pop-up where you would like your form to display. Then, paste your embeddable HTML form code into the widget. Your form will be displayed as designed in your email service provider, both in preview mode and on the live version of your page.
Please note that we can't provide support for third-party code added to your pages, but it is a great option to try out!
Can I connect more than one account from the same integration with Leadpages?
You can, but only when using the Drag & Drop Builder. To do so, select your integration from the drag-and-drop integrations page and click Connect New Account. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the integration just as indicated above.
If you're using our Standard (Legacy) Builder, and you have an Advanced subscription, you can use its sub-accounts to integrate with multiple accounts from the same service.
Another option when using the Standard Builder is to use our copy/paste integration option if your third-party service provides HTML opt-in forms. There’s no limitation on using form code from multiple accounts on standard pages, but please keep in mind we’re unable to support any issues you may have when working with HTML forms.
How do I reconnect my integration?
If your integration has disconnected or you're seeing an error symbol next to your integration in your form settings, you can learn how to reconnect your integrations here.
Need more help?
You can always get in touch with our support team—just click Support in your Leadpages navigation menu, or submit a ticket ↗