ActiveCampaign is a powerful email marketing and automation platform. When you integrate your account with Leadpages, you can send new subscribers directly to your ActiveCampaign forms and lists.
The fine print
- ActiveCampaign is available with all of our conversion tools, including: landing pages, sites, pop-ups, opt-in texts, and trigger links.
- To use ActiveCampaign with Standard Builder tools (including trigger links and opt-in texts), you’ll need to create at least one Sign Up Form for your ActiveCampaign list.
- At least one form must be created within ActiveCampaign before integrating with Leadpages.
- Add ActiveCampaign's CAPTCHA field to your form will result in leads not being sent from Leadpages to ActiveCampaign. Make sure to remove the CAPTCHA field in ActiveCampaign and utilize Leadpages reCAPTCHA instead.
Integrate your account
Before sending leads to ActiveCampaign, you’ll need to connect your account to Leadpages. Here’s how to integrate with both of our builders at the account level:
- Drag & Drop Builder: To use your integration with the Drag & Drop Builder and Drag & Drop pop-ups, follow our guide here.
- Standard Builder: To use your integration with our Standard Builder, Standard pop-ups, opt-in texts, and trigger links, follow these steps.
Send leads to ActiveCampaign
Now that you’ve integrated at the account level, you can use ActiveCampaign with any conversion tool—whether that’s a form on a Drag & Drop page or a trigger link. Follow these steps to choose an integration as the destination for your leads.
Here are some additional notes to keep in mind when you set ActiveCampaign up within Leadpages:
- In our Drag & Drop Builder, you can send leads to a specific form or list in your ActiveCampaign account.
- When using the Standard Builder, you must sends contacts to a form.
- By default, ActiveCampaign forms will use a confirmed opt-in process, so new contacts will receive a confirmation email when they join. To turn this feature off (and use single opt-in instead), follow ActiveCampaign’s guide here: How do I enable single opt in confirmation?
It’s possible to set up custom fields from your ActiveCampaign account. To learn how, check out ActiveCampaign’s article: Custom fields. By default, all ActiveCampaign forms will include full name and email fields.
Make sure you add any custom fields you’d like to use to an ActiveCampaign form. Then, select that form in any Drag & Drop page or pop-up to add your custom fields.
More on custom fields in our form widget article.
Troubleshooting tips and FAQs
Why aren't my leads being sent to ActiveCampaign?
Check is to make sure you are not using ActiveCampaign's CAPTCHA field. Adding ActiveCampaign's CAPTCHA field will result in leads not being sent from Leadpages to ActiveCampaign. As an alternative, utilize the reCAPTCHA built in to the Leadpages builder.
Why can’t I collect phone numbers using ActiveCampaign with opt-in texts?
At this time, only email is collected from ActiveCampaign. It’s not possible to collect phone number information. As an alternative, you can set up an automation in ActiveCampaign that sends an email to new subscribers asking for phone number data.
Need more help?
You can always get in touch with our support team—just click Support in your Leadpages navigation menu, or submit a ticket ↗