Zapier is a free application that allows you to connect and send data between thousands of different applications.
Automated connections called Zaps, set up in minutes with no coding, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
Each Zap has one app as the trigger, which acts as an information source and causes one or more actions in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
You can now use Leadpages as a trigger for any Zap to send new leads to other services. Below, you’ll learn how to connect and send data via Zapier’s Leadpages integration.
The fine print
- You’ll need a Zapier account. If you don’t have one, you can create one at the same time you create your first Zap from within Leadpages. Learn more →
- Leadpages will be able to send data from text fields to your action app. Checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdown fields, and other custom fields will not pass data through Zapier to your action app.
- At least one integration must be set up alongside Zapier on your Leadpages form. This could be one of the native Leadpages integrations or simply Lead Notifications.
- For each form in Leadpages you would like connected to Zapier, you must create and add a new Zap. Zaps will not carry over when duplicating a page etc.
- Zapier will connect to Drag & Drop forms. It will not connect to Standard (Legacy) Builder forms, opt-in texts, trigger links, or forms embedded using our HTML widget.
- A test opt-in must be submitted on your published page before connecting a Zap to the form.
Connect your Zapier integration through Leadpages
You’ll want to start by setting up your form in Leadpages. For help getting started with the form widget, follow our comprehensive article.
Integrate your Leadpages form with Zapier
Now that you’ve created a form, it’s time to connect it with Zapier, which you can do right from Leadpages.
- Before creating the Zap, a test opt-in must be submitted on your form. If you have yet to test opting in, publish your page and opt-in, filling out every field of your form.
- After submitting a test, click on your form or hover over it and click "Edit Integrations" to pull up your form settings.
- Click Add an Integration, then More Services.
- Scroll down and select the app you’d like Leadpages to connect to through Zapier (Not seeing your desired app? Click here.)
- Select Use this Zap, which will launch a new window that connects to Zapier—now it’s time to make a Zap!
Make a Zap from within Leadpages
- Once you've selected Use this Zap, you'll see a zap template preview. At this time you may need to create a Zapier account or log in to Zapier (if you're not already logged in).
- Choose the Leadpages account you’d like to use (or connect a new account). Click Continue.
Choose your Leadpages form
- In the drop-down menu, your form should be selected. Click Continue. If you have made changes to your form make sure to publish those changes to get them reflected in your zap.
- Zapier will use sample data to test the connection to Leadpages. Choose a sample submission, then click Test & Continue.
Set up your Action
Your action app is where Zapier will send the data collected by Leadpages. Setup will differ for each action app. Zapier’s Knowledge Base is a great resource if you run into trouble on this step.
The example below is for Google Sheets.
Once you've selected the account and place you'd like your leads to go in your action app, you'll have the opportunity to route your fields to where you'd like them in that action app. For example, the screenshot below routes the email field from the Leadpages form to a column labeled "Email" in the Google Sheet.
Test your Zap
Once you’ve configured your action app, check out your recap on the test page and click Test & Continue. Then check your action app for success!
You can choose to re-test this step in the Zap preview if you wish.
Name and turn on your Zap
After the test, Zapier will prompt your to turn on your Zap.
Once the Zap is turned on, back in Leadpages in your form's settings, you'll see the Zap listed under your integrations.
Remove a Zap
To remove a Zap from Leadpages, you can duplicate the form widget on your page or pop-up and delete the original form widget. The Zap will be removed from the new form widget.
Integrate your Leadpages account through Zapier
If you don’t see your desired action app in Leadpages, you can also start by adding your form to a Zap directly in Zapier. Head over to Zapier to integrate with your Leadpages account. You can find our integration by searching “Leadpages” in their list of integrations. There are a couple ways you can integrate, which are covered in Zapier’s article here: How to Connect a New Account to Zapier.
We have a few pre-made Zapier templates for our most popular integrations!
To use these, make sure that you’re signed into your Zapier account, then click Use this Zap from the options below: These are pre-made workflows that make setting up Zaps quick and easy. You can also build your own Zaps within Zapier.
Frequently asked questions
Can I manage Zaps from within Leadpages?
Yep! You can build and edit Zaps within Leadpages. We've already covered building Zap in Leadpages, but you can always edit your Zaps by returning to your form and clicking the edit icon.
When I create a Zap, my old Leadpages account email address appears, not the current one. How do I change that?
Know that even though you may see an old email address that was associated with your Leadpages account when setting up your Zap, the correct information and forms will pull through from Leadpages.
If you'd like, you can disconnect your Leadpages account from your Zapier account in your Zapier account settings. Then, the next time you set up a Zap you'll be asked to log back in to Leadpages and the correct email address will appear when setting up your Zap. Disconnecting these two services from each other will also disconnect any Zaps you have set up between Leadpages and Zapier.
Can Leadpages be used as an action app?
No. Our integration is a trigger-only integration. You will want to use a 3rd party for an action app, such as Google Sheets.
Need more help?
You can always get in touch with our support team—just click Support in your Leadpages navigation menu, or submit a ticket ↗