The video background template in the Standard Builder has a unique setup in order to implement the video background. This article will help clarify how to place a video in the background of that template as well as answer some common questions.
Using video backgrounds
There are a few requirements when using the video background template. Most importantly, the video you use for the background must be hosted by you, not simply a streaming service. Also, some browsers and mobile devices may block video backgrounds from playing, therefore, the template will also ask for a URL to a background image you'd like in place of a video in case this happens.
Background video URL requirements
- A valid URL to your video file.
- The video file must be in “.mp4” format.
- The video file must have “H.264, AAC” encoding.
- The video file must not be larger than 720p (1280 × 720) resolution.
- The video file must be as small as possible, to ensure faster load times.
- The video file must not be letter-boxed or contain any other framing.
Background Image URL
A valid URL to an image file for users who can’t play video.
- We recommend using an image file that matches the first frame of the video in its content and resolution.
Background Image URL (mobile)
A valid url to an image file for mobile devices. This file should be small for fast loading on mobile devices. (1024 × 768 px is the maximum size we recommend using.)
Need more help?
You can always get in touch with our support team—just click Support in your Leadpages navigation menu, or submit a ticket ↗